Exciting news! QBench's v2 API has arrived, bringing unprecedented power and flexibility to what you can do with QBench. With the v2 API, you can create API clients with specific access scopes and permissions. As the most flexible and extensible LIMS on the market, we take pride in providing the most robust, well-documented, easy-to-use API. This v2 API launch pushes us even further ahead of other LIMS on those dimensions.
Are you a QBench customer with ideas for new features? We’d love to hear them. Use the "Submit Feedback" link in your user dropdown menu to submit your ideas and vote on feature requests. The requests with the most votes get considered in our roadmap planning.
Canny Features (You asked, we delivered!)
Not all these features were specifically requested in Canny, but they all did come from customer requests:
- The first version of our v2 API is out! It comes with a number of enhancements requested by customers. See more details below.
- Admins can use the v2 API to configure customer-specific API clients with specific scopes and write capabilities. See more details below.
- Admins can now hide the Sign Up link on the CPv2 signup/login page. See more details below.
- There is now a link to the Samples page from an Order page. See more details below.
- The last timeline bubble in the New Order Request form is now filled in green. See more details below.
- Addition of Scopes (Permission-based access to resources).
- Allow an API Client to be restricted to a Customer and have write access to resources.
- Consistent URI naming conventions.
- Consistent request body payload formats.
- Consistent response payload formats.
- Consistent error response payloads.
- Consistent use of proper response status codes.
- In-app documentation of endpoints using OpenAPI.
- In-app documentation of model schemas.
- Can make live API requests in-app through the OpenAPI docs (great for testing/debugging).
- The updated v2 API allows admins to grant their customers controlled write access, specifically to their own data. When you provide API access to a customer, they will only be able to view and edit the data you've authorized them to access
Customer Portal V2
- Admins can now hide the Sign Up link on the CPv2 signup/login page. This gives you more control over who can sign up for your customer portal.
- The last timeline bubble in the New Order Request form is now filled in green. This makes it more clear that an order has successfully been submitted.
- There is now a link to the Samples page from the Order page (just like the link from the tests page). This allows you to quickly navigate to the list of Samples tied to an Order.
- You can now sort the Sub-Samples tab of the Sample Detail page in ascending order.
Bug Fixes / Quality of Life Enhancements
- We fixed a bug where Stock-level checkboxes were not appearing on the test-level Inventory Usage tab.
- We fixed a bug where uploaded Attachments in the Customer Portal Help Center were duplicated instead of replaced.
- We fixed an edge case bug in the Customer Portal where Customers were not able to generate PrintDocs (e.g. Chain of Custody PDF forms). Note: this only affected PrintDocs where the Contact was associated with multiple Customers and was only happening for a short time before it was patched.
A special treat for those of you who read all the way here: Someone told my grandfather a joke about genetics. My dad didn't get it, but I did.