The QBO integration is built primarily around synchronization of invoices from QBench to QBO (including related customers and assays), and of payments from QBO to QBench.
The integration supports the following use cases:
- Invoice: When invoices are created in QBench, and moved to the "INVOICED" status they will be copied over to Quickbooks Online. See notes below for how Invoice synchronization works:
- Invoice No.: The invoice number will be the QBench custom invoice ID or if you do not have a custom ID configured it will be the invoice ID with a "QB-" prefix (e.g. "QB-15").
- Customers: when an invoice syncs from QBench to QBO the system will look for a customer in QBO with the exact same name and link the two. If the customer is not found it will create a customer (along with BillingEmail (see "Billing Email ..." bullet point below), and the customer's address).
- Products and Services: Assays and panels in QBench can be linked to products and services in QBO, and when they are linked the "Product/Service" column on the QBO invoice can be automatically selected. In order to have assays and panels linked to products and services in QBO you must ensure the assay or panel name in QBench is exactly the same as the product/service name in QBO. Then when an invoice is syncing to QBO it'll automatically link to the appropriate product/service. If the product/service does not exist in QBO it will NOT be created automatically.
- Billing Email on Invoices: to invoice a billing email address you must have email settings configured in QBench so that you can populate the "Email to" field on the QBench invoice.
- Invoice Memo: If you would like to populate an invoice "Memo" in QBench and have it sync over to Quickbooks you must create an additional field on the where the field system name must be "qbo_memo" (the field label can be anything of your choosing, see custom field configuration to learn about creating custom fields).
- Billing Email on Customers: similar to the above, if you would like a primary billing email address entered in QBench to sync to QBO you must create a custom field with the field name "qbo_billing_email". The contacts tab in QBench is not used to determine the billing email because there can be multiple billing contacts (keep in mind any emails on the "Email to" will be copied over to the invoice so the contacts tab functionality still works and syncing a primary billing email may not be desired).
- Payments: There is a button in QBench that can copy payments from QBO to QBench. This will only work for invoice that are linked between QBench and QBO. NOTE: invoices must be linked to QBO invoices and must be in the INVOICED status for payments to successfully sync to QBench. See below on how to configure the button necessary to sync payments.
- Customers: When customers are created or updated in QBench they will be created or updated in QBO. If you want to link an existing customer in QBO to a QBench customer, you need to ensure the names are exactly the same (the customer name in QBench must match the "Display Name"). Keep in mind that the following fields will override fields in QBO if they are populated in QBench:
If you haven't already, contact your Customer Success Manager or account representative to inquire about pricing and to purchase the Quickbooks Online Integration subscription.